Catholicosate of Cilicia
Antelias - Lebanon
1. A small pocket watch, received by His Holiness Aram I.
2. A coin from Kingdom of Cilicia, received by His Holiness Aram I.
3. Three pitchers with the colors of the Armenia’s flag, made by Mr. Hovsep Ghazarian, donated by Mrs. Lousvart Ghazarian-Sarkissian.
4. Two old pitchers, donated by Mr. Khatchig Vosgeritchian.
1. The cross of Lord Father Khatchadour Giragossian, received from Anoushavan bishop Tanielian.
2. Image of Sepasdia during dead funeral in 1910, work and donated by Mr. Gerard Avedissian.
3. 2 copper coins(337-340 B.C.), donated by Abou Dhabi youth committee.
4. Embroidery, donated by Mr. Vahe Yacoubian; work of his grandmother Arousyag Yacoubian(Baghdassarian) 1895-1991.
5.Armenian Ceremonial Carpet, traditional pagirik. Gift from Mr. & Mrs. Alecco & Ani Bezikian 1914.
6. Stamp (դրոշմաթուղթ) donated to the museum by His Holiness Aram I.
7. Image of st. khatch (cross) church in Aghtamar, work and donated by Mr. Haroutyoun Anmahouni from Cyprus.
8. A stone from Ani donated to His Holiness Aram I.
9. Small embroidery for table, donated by Mrs. Loucine Mosgofian.
10. Dance dress(only the shirt), donated by Mrs. Loucine Mosgofian.
11. Two embroidery shirts made up of silk, donated by Mrs. Loucine Mosgofian.
12. Cotton belt, donated by Mrs. Loucine Mosgofian.
13. Lachag(to cover the hair)made up of silk. It is unique because women use it after bath, donated by Mrs. Loucine Mosgofian.
14. Night shirt made up of silk, donated by Mrs. Loucine Mosgofian.
15. Three lachag made up of silk, donated by Mrs. Loucine Mosgofian.
1. Sharagnots manuscript consists of 300 pages, donated by Zareh Shahinian favored by Father Meghrig.
2. Oil painting donated by Hrair Diarbekirian.
3. Parchment manuscript donated by Haroutyoun Anmahouni.
4. Silver sink, work of Marash 1760 donated by Jean Mekdjian favored by Mr. Hampartsoum Alexanian.
5. Handmade canvas 19th century donated by Vartouhi Keshishian, favored by Catholicosal vicor of the Armenian diocese of Cyprus Varoujean archbishop Hergelian.
6. Oil landscape donated by Mr. & Mrs. Roupen Nahabedian.
7. Oil landscape Aghtamar island & St. Prgich (Savior) church, donated by Mr. & Mrs. Roupen Nahabedian.
8. Oil nature landscape from Venice donated by Mr. & Mrs. Roupen Nahabedian.
9. Oil nature landscape donated by Mr. & Mrs. Roupen Nahabedian.
10. A relic from Noah’s boat donated by Italian Tito De Luka.
11. Cilicia flag donated by Armenia sailboat’s captain Zory Palayan.
12. Image, work and donation of Jansem.
1. Painting “St. Vlas” favored by Nareg Archbishop Alemezian, 9 Febryary 2012. 20 reading desks made up of wood received on 4 March 2010.
2. A stone from the Catholicosate in Cilicia(Sis)received on 4 March 2012.
3. Armenian embroidery donated by Mrs. Sara Kortian-Matossian, 18 March 2010.
4. Wooden violin 19th century received on 9 April 2010.
5. Painting “Pieta” 1986 work & donated by Jansem, 22 May 2010.
6. “Sana Titre” – Raouf Rifai 2009, received on 29 May 2010.
7. “Armenian Genocide” – Zeina Betran, received on 29 May 2010.
8. “Abstract” – Janet Yapoujian, received on 29 May 2010.
9. “Genocide”- Guvder, received on 29 May 2010.
10. “The Survival” – Jacqueline Ohanian, received on 29 May 2010.
11. “Bronze Statue”- Mazmanian, received 29 May 2010.
12. “Statue” – Ashod Tazian, received 29 May 2010.
13. Stole (ուրար) made up of cloth handmade 18th century received on 1 September 2010
14. Belt for women made up of cloth18th century received on 1 September 2010.
15. Bronze facial sculpture H.H. Aram I, received on 27 August 2012.
16. Oil painting – Vartan Tashjian, 1989 “Autumn” received on 18 October 2010.
17. A piece of thorn of Jesus Christ received from Garo Garoyan, 3 November 2010.
18. Oil painting “Christ with the cross on his shoulders and he is on his knees and St. Mary is near him on her knees” – Garo Garoyan 2010, received 3 November 2010.
19. Hand Cross made up of silver from Fanar received on 12 November 2010.
20. Box for gold accessories designed bt mother-of-pearl, work of Damascus in Syria, received by Father Krikor 18 December 2010.
1. Painting “St. Ejidio” St. Partoghimeos church, donated by priests of Edjidio, 10 January 2009.
2. Stick of a Catholicos – donated by the people in United States (US) to the catholicos Karekin I Hovsepian in 1944 when he was selected to be leader shepherd in the US. We received this stick from His Holiness Aram I.
3. Dove (white pigeon) of the holy Muron 1913, donated by the Armenian dicese in Aderbadagan, 21 Feb 2009.
4. Pectoral cross donated by the Armenian diocese in Aderbadagan 21 February 2009.
5. Two reliquaries (pix) donated by Lebanese Armenian Mrs. Lena Avedis Karayan- Dakash, 24 February 2009.
6. Manuscript donated by Lebanese Armenian Mrs. Lena Avedis Karayan- Dakash, 24 February 2009.
7. Stick of Khoren catholicos, 13 April 2009.
8. Stone relic from saint Mary church in Chark Marzbani donated by Nareg Archbishop Alemezian, 30 May 2009.
9. A piece of parchment donated by spiritual shepherd in Noukis region, Sardania city, Italy; Father Hovsep Ashkarian 16 July 2009.
10. Box made up of wood, on it we find the sign of the catholicosate.
11. Description of Vartan’s battle by graph, 1952 wok of Goloyan, donated by Mr. Hovhannes Manougian, 7 September 2009.
12. Casket of a relic(1901) contains the relic of believed father, St. Gregory the illuminator, donated by the spiritual shepherd in Marseille Shahan Lord Father Dedeyan, 9 September 2009.
13. Painting, work & donated by Lebanese Armenian painter Krikor Noriguian, 30 December 2009.
1. Hand cross (1924) containing the relic of st. Stephen, donated by Nshan bishop Topouzian, 17 November 2008.
2. Hand cross (1836) donated by Nshan bishop Topouzian, 17 November 2008.
3. Antique printed bible for Jesus Christ(1842) donated by Nshan bishop Topouzian, 17 November 2008.
4. Antique printed bible (1873) Jerusalem, donated by Nshan bishop Topouzian, 17 November 2008.
1- “Hmayil” (a long sheet of prayer in manuscript form), 1724, donated by Mrs. Araxi
2- A chalice cover from Zeytoun, donated by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I.
3- Three paintings representing scenes of the genocide, artist: Jansem, donated by the
artist himself (Paris).
4- Oil painting representing a scene of a village, artist: Miss Maral Der Boghossian,
donated by the artist herself.
5- Khrimian Hayrig’s old printed Gospel, donated by Mr. and Mrs. Joe and Annie
6- Golden embroidered chalice cover, donated by Mr. and Mrs. Joe and Annie Kazarian.
7- Oil painting representing an Armenian Church in Yalta, artist: Richard Jeranian,
donated by the artist himself.
8- A silver chalice of 19th century from the region of Marash, donated by Mr. Krikor
Markarian through Archbishop Oshagan Tcholoyan.
9- Two water color paintings, artist: Mrs. Seta Manougian, donated by the artist herself.
The Director and the management of CILICIA museum would like to thank to all
1- Old printed Assyrian book, printed in 1897, donated by Archbishob Zareh
2- Mr. Vartan Karabajakian donated the following items of the church of Sourp Sarkis of
Silver liturgical crown of a priest and a silver collar, 1853.
Silver buckle (of a belt), 1882
Two silver altar decorations, H.V. 932
Silver altar decoration, 1845
Silver procession cross, 1880
Two pair and one pair of buckles for liturgical vestment
3- Golden embroidered wedding dress, end of 19th century, donated by Mrs. Zabel
4- Miniature painting representing the theme of 1700 years of Christian Proclamation in
Armenia, artist: Mr. Vazken Tutunjian, donated by the artist himself.
5- Oil painting representing the tortures of St. Gregory the Illuminator; artist: Zohrab,
donated by Mr. Gabriel Manougian.
6- Three stamps for the Holy Communion and two reliquaries, donated by Reverent and
Mrs. Anoushavan Artinian.
7- Incenses, 1826, donated by reverent Razmig Khatchadourian and the chairpersons of
the St. Martyr’s church of Encino.
8- A metal plate and its vessel for the use and blessing of water, 19th century, donated by
Mr. Phillip Sarraf through Mr. and Mrs. Antoine and Anoush Stamboulian.
9- Two metal coins of King Leon I and King Tigran the Great, donated by Mr.
10- A small pocket dagger brought from the deserts of Der Zor, donated by Father
11- Oil painting representing “Togetherness”, artist: Mr. Missak Terzian, donated by the
12- A silver belt of liturgical vestment, 1900, donated by Father Nishan Topouzian.
13- A chalice, 1722, from the St. Archangel church of Zeitoun, donated by Bishop
14- Three albums of stamp collection, donated by Bishop Nareg Aleimezian.
15- A photo and a medal of 1948, donated by Mr. and Mrs. Krikor and Sossi
16- A reliquary, 1883, donated by Reverent Hrant Yeretsian.
17- A bible written in Turkish with Armenian alphabets, printed in Venice in 1928,
donated by Mrs. Hermine Yacoubian.
18- A marble carving representing the portrait of Fridof Nansen, artist: Mr. Puzant
Meymerian, donated by the artist himself.
19- A marble carving of abstract form, artist: Mr. Zaven Hdechian, donated by the artist
The Director and the management of CILICIA museum would like to thank to all
1- Hmayil, 19th century. Offered by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I.
2- Oil painting that represents the resurrection of Christ, 18th century. Offered by Bishop Varoujan Herguelian.
3- A miniature art work with the theme of 1700th centenary by Vazken Tutunjian. Offered by the artist himself.
4- Oil painting by Ayvazovski, 1884. Offered by Mr. Carl and Mrs. Emma Soghoyan.
5- A relic of St. Gregory the Illuminator. Offered by Vatican.
6- Water color painting representing wild flowers by Jaclyn Ohanian. Offered by the artist herself.
7- A small embroidered hat from Zeitoun, 19th century. Offered by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I.
8- Embroidered cloth. Offered by Mrs. Hasmig Mouradian.
9- An embroidered cloth, 19th century. Offered by Arch. Ghevont Tchebeyan.
10- The lower part of a chalice. Offered by Rev. Meghrig Parikian.
11- Oil painting, portrait of late His Holiness Karekin I Hovsepiants by Haroutyun Torossian. Offered by the artist himself.
12- A “Choulhagi” veil, 1912. Offered by Miss Araxi Bakalian.
13- Hmayil, 1809. Offered by Miss Araxi Bakalian.
14- Oil painting representing “Rawche” (Beirut) by Haroutyun Torossian. Offered by the artist himself.
15- Oil painting representing the civil war of Lebanon by Haroutyun Torossian. Offered by the artist himself.
16- Two silver pieces of alter ornaments in the form of cross. Offered by Pastor Moushegh Der Caloustian.
17- 3 printed historical pictures of photo. Offered by Rev. Krikor Tchiftjian.
18- Painting, portrait of His Holiness Catholicos Aram I by Armen Garo Keshishian. Offered by the artist himself.
19- Painting representing the concretion of His Holiness Catholicos Aram I by Khajag Hdechian. Offered by the artist himself.
1- Coptic church ornament, 18th century. Offered by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I.
2- Abstract art painting by Dikran Daderian. Offered by the artist himself.
3- Armenian silver plate. Offered by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I.
4- One silver and one bronze coins of King Leon. Offered by pastor Varak Hovsepian.
5- Old printed book, 16th century. Offered by Bishop Varoujan Herguelian.
6- Karapaghien carpet. Offered by Mr. Hamo Bedrossian.
7- Oil painting with Virgin Mary and children, Jesus Christ and John the Baptist, 18th century. Offered by the chairboard of the diocese of Cyprus.
8- Oil painting with the theme of “Crucifixion” by Guvder. Offered by the artist himself.
9- A Turkish documentary book written in Arabic letters. Offered by former minister Mr. Michel Eddeh.
10- Two coins of the kings Hetoum and Leon. Offered by Mrs. Hasmig Mouradian.
11- An Icon. Offered by Bishop Sebouh Sarkissian.
12- Old printed book, 1854. Offered by N. Mardoyan.
13- Cilician coins. Offered by V. Rev. Antranig Ayvazian.
14- A clay lantern, 8th century BC. Offered by Rev. Barthev Gulumian.
15- An alter cloth, 1695. Offered by Arch. Gorun Babian.
16- Painting representing “Alter Cross” by Mrs. Vart Donigian – Der Sarkissian. Offered by the artist herself.
17- A liturgical belt. Offered by Arch. Ghevont Chebeyan.
18- Liturgical vestment. Offered by Rev. Krikor Tchiftjian.
19- A G. Hoffmann Piano SQ. Offered by Miss Araxi Bakalian.
20- Alter cloth. Offered by Arch. Oshagan Tcholoyan.
21- Two old identification papers. Offered by Arch. Oshagan Tcholoyan.
22- Incense box, 19th century. Offered by Mr. Hrach Zodian.
23- An urn from the urartian period, 1300 BC. Offered by Pastor Serop and his wife Naira Azarian.
1- Ethiopian hands cross. Offered by Mr. Vahak Gharibian.
2- Grecian alter cross made of wood and mother of pearls, 19th century. Offered by V. Rev. Khoren Doghramagian.
3- Four different paintings of various artists, they are, Asadour, Jansem, Krikor Norikian and Hrayr. Offered by Mr. Vazken and Mrs. Lousadzin Dedeyan.
4- Oil painting, portrait of His Holiness Catholicos Aram I by Raffi Gergian. Offerd by the artist himself.
5- Two big colorful photos representing Armenian royal dresses. Offered by Mrs. Annie Gesourian.
6- A cross stone, “khatchkar”, from the monastery of St. Stephanos, 1631. Offered by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I.
7- Two bronze archeological pieces, pieces of stone and remaining of a clay urn brought from the ruins of ANI. Offered by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I.
8- Old printed Gospel, 1769, and a liturgical belt. Offered by Pastor Magar Najarian.
9- A Gospel manuscript, 1661, and an old printed book, 17th century. Offered by Mr. Krikor Der Aprahamian.
10- 14 pieces of Armenian historical money in paper form. Offered by Mr. Emile Hagopian.
11- A small silver cross, 19th century. Offered by Archbishop Yeprem Tabakian.
12- 5 pieces of coins of Cilician Kings and 1 piece of King Dikran II. Offered by Mr. Yervant Abajian to the Birds Nest, and Bishop Dirayr Panossian in his turn passed them to the museum.
13- A collection of historical and modern coins. Offered by Mr. Kevork Arabian.
14- A bronze artwork representing the binding of the Gospel of Bartzerpert by Krikor Aghdamlian. Offered by the artist himself.
15- Two big colorful photos taken from the capital Sis and Lake Van by Levon Tashdjian. Offered by the photographer himself.
16- Two small stone crosses found from Mzpin, 5th – 6th centuries. Offered by V. Rev. Antranig Ayvazian.
17- Oil painting, portrait of His Holiness Catholicos Aram I by Roudig Bedrossian. Offered by the A.B.B.A. academy.
18- Painting by Amadouni. Offered by Mr. and Mrs. Arpiar Janoyan.
19- Colorful Armenian ceramics (vase, urn, plate) and a small clay statue of a woman’s figure. Offered by Mrs. Hranoush Magarian.
20- Oil painting of the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus by Galentz. Offered by the chairboard of St. Nishan church.
21- Historical clock. Offered by the committee of the Armenian Red Cross, branch Meghri.
22- Metal art work with the theme of “St. Gregory the Illuminator baptizing King Tiridad” by Krikor Aghdamlian. Offered by the artist himself.
23- A small chalice cup. Offered by father Meghrig Parikian.
24- Three old printed books, they are:
– Hymnal, 1685
– Nareg prayer book, 1812
– Book of Psalms, 1800.
Offered by Mr. Mihran Keohnelian.
25- Oil painting with the theme of “Tree of Life” by Annie Diarbekirian. Offered by the artist herself.
26- Old printed book, prayer book of St. Nerses Shnorhali in 33 languages. Offered by Mr. Hrayr Karamanougian.
27- Old Armenian money papers. Offered by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I.
28- Oil painting with the theme of “Christ’s crucifixion” by Dikran Assadourian. Offered by Mr. Avedis Demirdjian.
29- An Icon with the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus. Offered by Mr. Antranig Kazarian.
30- Marashian embroidery representing motifs of the stone cross by Mr. Roupen and Miss Kohar Mousheghlian. Offered by the artists.
1- Oil painting with the theme of “Legend” by Hrair. Offered by the artist himself.
2- Bronze sculpture by Dikran Khoubesserian. Offered by Mrs. Janin Khoubesserian, Paris.
3- Oil painting with the theme of “The Blue Planet” by Houri Shekerdjian. Offered by the artist herself.
4- A liturgical stole and a collar, 1750. Offered by Dr. Antranig Manougian.
5- Collection of Armenian Historical coins. Offered by Mr. Yervant Abadjian.
6- Silver altar cross, 1690. Offered by late His Holiness Karekin I, Catholicos of all Armenians, for the occasion of the opening of the museum.
7- An embroider cloth for a hand cross. Offered by Mrs. Makrouhi Dilanian.
8- Two manuscripts of historical importance. Offered by Mr. Garabed Bedoyan.
9- A gravure of the church St. Echmiadzin by Chardin, 1670. Offered by Mr. Megerditch Bouldoukian.
10- A small wooden statue, 15th century. Offered by Rev. Papken Charian.
11- Oil painting by Pakrad Krikorian. Offered by Mr. and Mrs. Haroutyun and Gima Torrossian.
12- Silver threads embroider. Offered by Hermin Arabanlian.
13- An inkstand. Offered by Mr. Vartan Dabanlian.
14- A bronze cup, 1805. Offered by Mr. Hovhaness Guiligian.
15- Oil painting with the theme of “80th anniversary and progression” and a bronze sculpture with the theme of “Rebellion” (or disobeyment) by Gulen Der Boghossian. Offered by the artist herself.
16- An embroider cloth, 19th century. Offered by the chairboard of St. Nishan church.
17- A hand cross with a relic, 1826. Offered by Bishop Khajag Hagopian.
18- A vellum manuscript, 15th century, Sanahin. Offered by Mr. and Mrs. Carl and Emma Soghoyan.
19- Bronze lion’s head from the roman period. Offered by Mr. Hovhaness Aslanian.
1- Photo of the concretion of Khrimian Hayrig, 1883, by K. Lynch. Offered by Mr. Markar Toumayan.
2- Handwriting of Yervant Odian. Offered by V. Rev. Yeghishe Manjigian.
3- Portrait sculpture of late his holiness Zareh I catholicos by Zaven Hedechian. Offered by the artist himself.
4- Oil painting by Anna Geregian. Offered by the artist herself.
5- Oil painting by Zohrab Sroujian. Offered by the artist himself.
6- Bronze portrait sculpture of Gomidas by Arto Chakmakdjain. Offered by the artist to His Holiness Catholicos Aram I whom he in return transferred it to the museum.
7- Old printed map of historical Armenia, 1784. Offered by Mr. and Mrs. Haroutyun Markarian, Montreal.
Archbishop Ghevont Chebeyan had donated the following:
1- White liturgical vestment with all its components.
2- A historical omophorion, 19th century, with crosses of silver thread embroidery.
3- A liturgical collar with silver and gold plated figures representing Christ and the apostles.
The chair board of the St. Sarkis church in New Sis donated the following:
1- A silver chalice, 1806.
2- Old printed Gospel, 1732, with silver bindings.