The 1st meeting of 2019 of the Executive Committee of KAICIID, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Center for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue, was held on March 1st and 2nd in Lebanon. The Catholicosate of Cilicia participated at this meeting with its representative Prof. Jean Salmanian.
Following the two-day meeting, the ExCom agreed upon the following:
- Continue organizing professional courses and seminars to promote and broaden the culture and guidelines of inter-religious dialogue as a tool to support conflict resolution and peace processes.
- Consider intolerant sermons that promote hatred of other religions or denominations condemnable and punishable. In this regard, visiting spiritual leaders and working towards creating laws within parliament are necessary.
- Work on the repealing of laws that prevent building new churches in the Middle East.
- Protect religious establishments and sanctuaries from becoming targets of violence.
- Contact media representatives and editors, and request that they present news of religious nature with a non-incendiary and balanced approach.