Catholicosate of Cilicia
Antelias - Lebanon
Ecumenism remains a vital dimension of the life and mission of the Armenia Church. His Holiness Aram I, not only has assumed an important place in the ecumenical leadership, he continues to promote ecumenical values and commitment in his own church. He firmly believes that the ecumenical movement is no more an option, but a basic necessity in the world today. Catholicos Aram I encourages the participation of both clergy and laity, particularly youth and woman in the ecumenical witness.
Recently His Holiness has made the following appointments:
- Very Rev. Boghos Tinkjian and Prof. Teny Pirri-Simonian members of the Central Committee of the World Council of Churches. Very Rev. Boghos Tinkjian joins Bishop Magar Ashkarian as a member of the Oriental Orthodox-Catholic theological dialogue.
- Very Rev. Hrant Tahanian and Very Rev. Zareh Sarkissian members of the Oriental Orthodox-Anglican dialogue.
- Very Rev. Keghart Kusbekian member of Theology Study group Community of (Pilgrimage for Justice and Peace) of the WCC.
- Seta Khedeshian member of the commission of (Pilgrimage for Justice and Peace) of the WCC.
- Bishop Magar Ashkarian member of the committee of collaboration between the Orthodox churches and the United Bible Societies.
- Very Rev. Mesrob Sarkissian member of the Executive Committee of the fellowship of churches in the Gulf.